How to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android? The answer is simply a matter of activating the same phone number on the new device. However, migrating the data from your WhatsApp conversations is an entirely different matter. The issue arises from the fact that when you backup WhatsApp messages to the cloud, the cloud backups created on Android devices are stored in a different location from the ones created on iPhones. And because your Google Drive WhatsApp backups can't be transferred to iCloud, they can't be restored to an iPhone without a workaround method or special tools designed for the job. Here, we'll show you three safe ways for how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android or the other way around.
Method 1: Transfer Specific WhatsApp Conversations
If you only need one, two, or a few conversations to be exported, you can use the built-in email export feature in WhatsApp to send your chats (with or without media) to an email ID. This will allow you to view your conversations and access the media files on any other device, including an iPhone. As long as the iPhone in question has access to the receiving email ID, this method is viable. However, it does have some drawbacks, as we'll see later. First, the process:
There are several disadvantages to using this particular WhatsApp message transfer method:
- Only one chat can be exported at a time using this method
- Very long conversations can't be fully exported - the limit is 10k messages with media and 40k messages without media
- For old conversations, only the recent media will be included within the sending limit of your email client - older media may not get transferred
- You can't access this export as a WhatsApp chat - only the .txt file will be available, which cannot be restored to WhatsApp on any device
This is a good way to transfer just a few conversations for the sake of reference. You may need a piece of a conversation as evidence in a legal matter or you may want a printed version of a WhatsApp conversation for some other reason. However, it's not the perfect solution when you're switching from Android to iPhone because you'd need everything to be transferred and accessible via WhatsApp on the iPhone, not just a few conversations and their associated media.
Method 2: The Most User-friendly WhatsApp Transfer solution for Android to iPhone
Wondershare Dr.Fone is a comprehensive utility to help mobile users manage their Android and iOS devices using a computer or laptop as an intermediary device. The deceptively simple layout and clean UI of Dr.Fone belie the powerful functions underlying the software. Not only can it effectively transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without leaving out any data, but it does all that with just one click of the mouse. That means you can fully transfer your WhatsApp messages, attachments, and media files from Android to iPhone with a simple click. You can also transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, and Android to Android, especially if you prefer not to use either Google Drive or iCloud for your WhatsApp backups. The Dr.Fone module also allows you to take backups of your WhatsApp data and export them to your PC for safekeeping. These backups can be restored to a new device at any time.
- A rare one-click solution to a perplexing issue - how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android and vice versa
- Powerful tools to augment this feature - system repair, data recovery, screen unlock, backup/restore, password manager (new for iOS), data erasing, etc.
- 100% data integrity - your data remains encrypted throughout the transfer process
- Safer than uploading private and confidential WhatsApp information via the Internet
How Does Dr.Fone WhatsApp Transfer Work?
4. Click the Transfer button and wait for the transfer to be completed, after which you can disconnect both devices
As you can see, Dr.Fone makes the whole process so simple that practically any mobile user with basic computer knowledge can use this system. Moreover, the additional tools that make up the Dr.Fone Toolkit are equally suitable for advanced and experienced users who need help with data recovery and other complex tasks.
Depending on what you're looking to transfer, you can use one of these safe methods to move conversations and media from Android and make it available on iPhone. However, Method 3 using Dr.Fone is the only recommended way to transfer everything from one phone to another. Zero hassles, 100% results.